Sunday, April 19, 2015

6 days post op

a week out and I already have less pain than I did pre-surgery.

I am so glad I listened to my body and stopped running before I really ruined my hip. The doctor had to do some bone shaving and took out a lot of angry, inflamed tissue, but I did not have to have my labrum anchored. It was frayed and I just needed it to be cleaned up and trimmed. This is going to make my surgery-recovery a heck of a lot quicker. I could be back to running before I know it!

Today I was able to go to a park and stand about 20 minutes. Getting into and out of cars is still hard, but I have two big pieces of news...


1st) I moved up to 90 degrees on the CPM machine! Last day on it and I hit the ultimate goal!


CPM at 90!!
2nd) I can walk on one crutch for awhile!!!  HOORAY! I'm a one crutch walker! I see my doctor tomorrow, and I will get the official OK from him, but I tried a couple of steps tonight and it went well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment